Monday 4 January 2021

2020; A YEAR IN REVIEW

So last year I predicted…..

As 2020 starts I’m writing this whilst deployed in Norway.  So what is planned for 2020?  If I’m honest, it’ll probably be quiet again.  As well as being away, and in addition to my daughter turning 2 my wife & I welcomed my son 2 months ago.  I also moved jobs in July as well as starting a BA (Hons) in Business and Management.  I do have some run BSAC Instructor Courses planned as well as 2 weeks diving in Gibraltar and a weeks Trimix diving off the south coast in June.  

 

So how right and wrong was I.  2020 was indeed quiet, in fact, all of the diving I mentioned was cancelled as was a host of other trips and courses, and we all know why.  And that will probably remain so as we enter lockdown 3.

 

Despite a personal battle with COVID, I’m clear, all renewed, insured, and have my HSE medical so fingers crossed that after Easter we’ll be back to normal(ish).

 

In the meantime, it’s back to my degree & BSAC course development.

 

The boring bit!

All opinions expressed in my articles are my own and may differ to other instructor’s and agency guidelines; by no means are they wrong and I would not wish to disrepute any of them.  This article is for information only and should not replace proper training.

 

Stay Safe diving!

 

Timothy Gort

BSAC, PADI & SDI/TDI diver training

l Mob: 07968148261 l Email: tim@rectotec.co.uk l



No comments:

Post a Comment