Tuesday 18 February 2020

2019; A YEAR IN REVIEW

So the last few years have been a bunch of highs and lows; just as soon as I get on a roll work or something else will mean I have to cancel courses or delay my plans.  2019 started on a low due to overseas deployments in 7 countries for the best part of 6 months.  There was also other issues following a dive trip in 2018 which resulted in one of my twinsets getting written off due to internal corrosion, and another resulting in shot blasting.  In total, 8 of the 12 divers had cylinder issues (but more to follow in a separate blog).

However, in the latter 6 months of 2019 I was involved in the development of a number of BSAC courses including DPV, as an Instructor Trainer (IT) I continued to teach and run BSAC Instructor Courses (IFC through to OWI) however I was also signed off as an Advanced Instructor IT (on both courses and exams).  I taught PADI Enriched Air Diver (Nitrox) and Emergency Oxygen Provider courses as well as a number of BSAC Ocean Diver and Sports Divercourses and SDI DPV courses whilst in Cyprus.  I also completed my TDI Normixic Trimix and DPV instructor courses.  Lastly I was back on the TEKDeck Stage at the NEC Dive Show.
As 2020 starts I’m writing this whilst deployed in Norway.  So what is planned for 2020?  If I’m honest, it’ll probably be quiet again.  As well as being away, and in addition to my daughter turning 2 my wife & I welcomed my son 2 months ago.  I also move jobs in July as well as starting a BA (Hons) in Business and Management.  I do have some BSAC Instructor Courses planned as well as 2 weeks diving in Gibraltar and a weeks Trimix diving off the south coast in June.  Despite that, if you’re interested in any courses in 2020 then please get in touch.

Safe diving.

The boring bit!
All opinions expressed in my articles are my own and may differ to other instructor’s and agency guidelines; by no means are they wrong and I would not wish to disrepute any of them.  This article is for information only and should not replace proper training.

Safe diving!

Timothy Gort
BSAC, PADI & SDI/TDI diver training
l Mob: 07968148261 l Email: tim@rectotec.co.uk l

No comments:

Post a Comment